All PWE Healthcare practices have a DNA policy to help us deal with patients who book and do not attend for their appointment. DNAs cause significant issues for both the practice and other patients.
If you have booked an appointment, it is important that you either attend or cancel it as soon as possible.
Each practice also has a policy regarding late arrivals for appointments. generally speaking we will always try to fit you in, however regrettably, this is not always possible and you may be turned away and asked to book another appointment at another time or day.
The GPs and other clinical staff have busy clinics and it is important that you attend and arrive on time.
- Only book appointments you need and know you can keep
- If you are going to be late, always telephone the surgery to let us know
- Please do not be offended or surprised if you are late and we have to turn you away – we have other patients to see who arrived on time!
- If you no longer need an appointment, please cancel it with as much notice as possible so another patient can have it.
- If you fail to attend multiple appointments, you will be taken off our practice list.
- You may not always need an appointment and our Reception staff are specially trained to help you get the right treatment from the right place – they may direct you elsewhere and this is under the supervision of our GPs.